Burger or Hot Dog buns
1 Cup Milk
1/2 C Water
1/4 C. Butter
4 1/2 C. Flour
1 pkg yeast
2 Tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
***`~-You can skip steps 1- and 2 and put in the bread machine on a dough cycle.
1. In a small saucepan heat milk, water and butter until very warm, 120 degrees.
2. In a large bowl mix together 1 3/4 Cups flour, yeast, sugar and salt. Mix milk mixture into flour mixture and then mix in egg. Stir in the remaining flour 1/2 cup at a time beating well after each addition. When the dough has pulled together turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic about 8 minutes.
3. Divide dough into 12 equal pieces. Shape into smooth balls, and place on greased baking sheet. Flatten slightly. Cover and let rise for 30 to 35 minutes. You can let rise longer if you want.
4. Bake at 400 for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
5. For hot dog buns: shape each piece into a 6X4 inch rectangle. Starting with the longer side, roll up tightly and pinch edges and ends to seal. Let rise about 20- to 25 minutes. Bake as above. These buns are pretty big. You can do 16 instead of 12.