Almond Jam Thumbprint cookie
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon almond
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam, strawberry jam and/or apricot jam
1 cup powdered sugar
2-3 teaspoons water
1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, cream together butter and white sugar until smooth. Mix in 1/2 teaspoon almond extract. Mix in flour until dough comes together. roll dough into 1 1/2 inch balls, and place on ungreased cookie sheets. Make a small hole in the center of each ball, using your thumb and finger, and fill the hole with preserves.
3. Bake for 14-18 minutes in preheated oven, or until lightly browned. Let cool 1 minute on the cookie sheet.
4. In a bowl, mix together the confectioners' sugar, almond extract, and water until smooth. Drizzle lightly over slightly warm cookies.
- Glaze cookies on a cooling rack that is in a cookie sheet or over wax paper to make clean up easier.
-Use a fork to drizzle or put glaze in a Ziploc bag, snip the corner off the bag and drizzle away.