Friday, November 11, 2011

Creme Broulee

I have to say this is my favorite dessert!! I had never had it before until a few weeks ago when I was in Cyprus I tried it and it was heaven. So when I ran across The Pioneer Woman's Recipe I knew I HAD to try it. Boy am I glad I did!!

4 C. Heavy Cream
1 Tbps vanilla extract (i used 2 as i love the flavor)
10 egg yolks
3/4 C. sugar
6 Tbsp super fine sugar

Preheat oven to 325. Pour the cream into a saucepan and vanilla. simmer over med-low heat. you do not want to boil it just to heat it up.
whip the eggs with the sugar until its pale yellow and thick.
whip egg yolks while you very slowly add 1 C. of the heated cream. go very slowly as to NOT cook the eggs. Once the first cup is mixed in you can add them a bit faster.
place ramekins into a rimmed baking sheet. pour the custard into the ramekins. pour water in bottom of baking sheet until it comes about halfway up the ramekins. bake 30 min or until just set. ( i cooked mine closer to 60 min. so just watch them.)
Cool then chill for at least 2-3 hours in fridge.  To serve sprinkle 1 Tbsp super fine sugar (you can use regular sugar as well)  Use a kitchen torch to brown the sugar. there should be a thin crisp surface of burned sugar on top. serve immediately! 
Photobucket
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment