Monday, January 31, 2011

BBQ Chicken Salad


I Have a ton of lettuce in my fridge that really needs used up so I found this recipe from The sisters Cafe and it turned out YUMMY!!!!!

2 Large chicken breasts
1 C. bbq sauce
1 can black beans (I used dried that I had cooked & frozen previously)
1 can corn (I used frozen)
lettuce cut up
shredded cheese
1 bunch green onions
1/2 bunch cilantro
tortilla strips

Cook the chicken breasts in a bit of EVOO. When cooled shred. Return to pan add the bbq sauce. you can add more or less. I used Sweet baby rays. It has the best flavor. Let it cook with the sauce for 5-10 min. Cut up lettuce add onion and cilantro. Add the cooked beans and corn. Its best to let them cool if you just cook them.
Layer the lettuce mixture on plates then add chicken, cheese and top with your favorite dressing. THen add the tortilla strips.
To do the strips. cut a corn tortilla into skinny strips. On a baking sheet spray the tortillas with cooking spray and salt then broil in the oven until crispy. Watch it carefully!!!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment