Wednesday, January 19, 2011

White Bread

Lets face it. I suck at making bread. However I decided I would try ONE last time to see if I failed again. and what do you know. I DIDNT!!! I got this recipe from The Sisters Cafe. It was Idiotproof!!!! I loved it. so tasty. I cut the recipe in half because I'm lazy and didnt want to mix by hand. So i used my loved Kitchenaid!


2/3 cup powdered milk 
3 heaping Tbsp of instant yeast
6 tsp salt
2/3 cup sugar
6 Tbsp shortening
6 cups warm water
Flour (approx. 15 cups total)

Mix powdered milk, yeast, salt, sugar, and shortening in large mixer like a Bosch. (*your Kitchen Aid is not big enough! It will handle a half recipe though.) Add warm water. Add about 4 to 5 cups flour and beat until well mixed. Add flour slowly until dough comes away clean from the edge of the mixing bowl. Allow to knead for 5 more minutes. Do not add too much flour. Cover with greased plastic and allow dough to rise. Once it has doubled in size, divide into 6 parts. Form each into a log, tucking and pinching the dough underneath to make it smooth on top. (This is easily done if you lightly roll out the dough and roll up lengthwise, pinching together seam and tucking in the ends.) Place each into a greased loaf pan and raise until the size of a bread loaf. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 6 loaves.




Photobucket
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment