Friday, March 9, 2012

Buttermilk waffles with buttermilk syrup

My granny used to make buttermilk waffles. Unfortunately nobody got the recipe before she died :(
So I went searching for a good recipe and a friend of mine shared hers. I AM IN LOVE! They are so yummy. My 10 year old asks for them weekly. Needless to say we always have buttermilk on hand. Even if I dont make the waffles we always keep the syrup in the fridge. It is THAT good.



Buttermilk Waffles
2 eggs
2 C. buttermilk
2 C. flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2-3 tsp sugar

Mix together and cook in a hot waffle iron

Buttermilk Syrup
1 C. buttermilk
1/2 C. butter (1 stick)
1 tsp baking soda
2 C. sugar
3 Tbsp corn syrup

In a LARGE pot stir together and boil for 5 minutes then stir in 2 tsp vanilla.
Photobucket
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment