Thursday, October 6, 2011

Penne alla Vokda


I saw this off of the Pioneer Womans Tv show on the Food Network and knew I had to try it. I've heard this is the best pasta. And I've also seen it off of Buddy's Kitchen Boss too. So I finally decided to do it. Had my husband pick me up a bottle of vodka and some cream and we were set!

Penne Alla Vodka

1 lb penne (you can use any pasta really)
3 cloves of garlic minced
1 whole med onion chopped finely
3 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 C. Vodka
14 oz tomato puree or tomato sauce (if using sauce you will need a small can of tomato paste as well)
1 C. heavy cream
1 generous pinch red pepper flakes, plus more if needed
1/2 tsp salt
freshly ground pepper
grated fresh parmesan cheese for serving on top

Cook the pasta according to package directions.

Saute the garlic and onions in 2 Tbsp butter and the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat until soft. Pour in the vodka. Cook and reduce 2-3 minutes then pour in the tomato puree. Stir the mixture until its throughly combined then reduce to low heat. Pour in heavy cream. Stir to combine, then turn to the lowest simmer possible. Sprinkle in the red pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste. Finally stir in the remaining 1 Tbsp butter. Pour in the drained pasta into the sauce and toss to combine. Sprinkle on the parmesan and more red pepper flakes if desired.

*I used tomato sauce and it was really RUNNY!!! SO I poured about 1/2 C. out and added 1 small can of tomato paste and then added about 1/4 C. more vodka and it turned out PERFECT! so yummy!!*


Photobucket
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment