Monday, September 12, 2011

zebra cake


We had another birthday so I made this for my husbands birthday. IT was yummy!!

Take 2 cake mixes. One chocolate (i used milk chocolate) and one white.
Follow directions per box as to what to mix. Then get 2  9" round pans. I used a cheesecake spring form pan. ( Its so much easier to get it out with the removable sides...i'm going to nee more of those!)
Start with the white and pour 1/3 C. into the pan. It was start to spread which is what you want. Then add 1/3 C. of the chocolate. Continue to layer until the pan(s) are about 1/2-3/4 full. YOu dont want to over fill them though so less is always better. If you use two pans you shouldnt have any leftover.
However since I used one springform pan I had some left over to make about 6 cupcakes with.
When cool frost with your favorite icing. I used a Cream cheese butter cream;

1/2 C. butter
8 oz cream cheese
Mix together until fluffy. THen add powedered sugar until desired thickness. Add some whipping cream  if it gets too thick.
I like using the whipping cream as then the frosting isnt too sugary and it help whip it and hold better.

Photobucket
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment