Monday, March 21, 2011

Homemade Breadcrumbs

Anyone else obsessed with Kitchen BOss??? I LOVE IT!! anyways thats where I got this recipe. I did kinda do my own thing with it. I just used whatever bread I had and I used fresh grated mozzarella and romano cheese. It still turned out great. I just keep it in the fridge and use whenever i need it.


INGREDIENTS
1pound loaf rustic Italian bread such as Pugliese
1cup finely grated pecorino cheese
2garlic cloves put through a garlic press
2tablespoons dried Italian herbs
3tablespoons dried parsley flakes
1/2tablespoon fine sea salt
PREPARATION:
  1. The day before you plan to make breadcrumbs: Slice the bread into ½ inch slices. Place slices on cake racks to dry overnight.
  2. In batches, crumble or tear bread slices into the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Pulse the bread multiple times until the crumbs are about the size of a dime.
  3. Add the cheese, garlic, herbs and salt and continue to pulse until the breadcrumbs become fine. Store what you are not using in the freezer or in your refrigerator for 3-4 days.

Photobucket
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment