Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Baked Chimi's

Okay first you need some mexican rice.
I made mine by:
1 C. rice
a few TBSP oil
Heat oil in pan then add the rice and cook until browned but not burned. you can also add minced onion if you want. Add 2 C. water and 1 small can tomato sauce. You have to keep checking on it and stirring otherwise it will burn. I cover and then every 2-3 min uncover and stir. Add more water as needed. I think I added another 2 cups total. Just until rice is done. Set aside.



Next you need refried beans. You can either buy them or make them yourself. This time I made them myself with Black beans. I cook and freeze mine in baggies until I need them so I just emptied a bag into a saucepan with a bit of water then mashed them and I added 1 can of diced tomatoes with chilies (you can do without the chilies if you dont like spice)



Next take your meat. I used chicken and shred it.



Now you need tortillas. I used 13 inch ones I got from Bountiful Baskets that are all natural and are sooo yummy. But you can use smaller ones if you want too.


I put a spoonful or rice, beans, chicken then a handful of cheese I sometimes dice up jalapeno and add to it too. The kids aren't to fond of that so I usually just do it for mine.


Fold this way first
then the other sides



Then it should look like this. Mine aren't super pretty

Then roll in tinfoil and bake at 425 for 25-30 minutes. Then unwrap and turn oven to broil. WATCH CAREFULLY! !!! IT will burn. Turn over and brown other side too.
You can freeze it and save for later.
IF you freeze just take out no need to thaw and bake at 350 for 1 hr then broil.
Photobucket
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment